• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone else have the same problems? Need help

Hello I just got diagnosed with Crohns in May of this year and my GI doctor did a colonoscopy and endoscopy which confirmed her suspicions and she gave me 40 mg of prednisone for 2 weeks and then taper off by then but then I had an MRI done and it showed I had a fistula and 2 abscesses (not fun) and I had to be rushed to the hospital which I was in for 10 days but they boosted up my prednisone again to 40 mg and then I was tapering off again in June. But I've noticed that once I get down to 5 mg my I have bad pain again and I just started remicade on Friday so when does the remicade kick in since my GI doctor wants me to get off the steroids but I can't possibly get off since my body goes into a funk when I hit below 10 mg.

Hi there!

I don't know a lot about remicade, but according to this thread http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=29393 lots of folks can start noticing improvements within two weeks.

Also, here's the forum wiki article - http://www.crohnsforum.com/wiki/Remicade

Where are you at in your current pred taper? Maybe your GI could slow it down to give the remi a chance to kick in?

I hope the remi works quickly for you! I was great for healing my brother's fistula (he has Crohn's too).

Hello! I'm currently at 5 mg. I'm in such horrible pain again and can barely walk. I've been going back and forth between 5 and 10 just because every time I drop to 5 my symptoms come back with such vengeance. I feel better at 10mg and I really am hoping Remicade kicks in since my second infusion is next seek. My GI doc told me to try to wean off again after my first infusion to go back down to 5mg but I've been in hell so I'll need to bump back to 10mg probably...ah I just hate this :(

Hi, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Where is your pain? Is it abdominal or rectal? I ask because you said you had abscess and fistulas. I am having severe rectal issues right now and am in extreme pain as well. I hope your Remicade kicks in soon!

I am having horrible abdominal. I never really had rectal problems with this but its always been my lower intestines. Such a problem :thumbdown: