• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone else using Skyrizi?

Hello. I was recently diagnose with Crohn's. My only physical symptoms of Crohn's has ever been diarrhea and increased frequency in bowel movements which started a year ago. I was diagnosed after ulcers were discovered in my jejunum. I just finished my second Skyrizi infusion. I would say my symptoms shown improvement starting a week or two after my first infusion so I am pretty optimistic, especially since I haven't had any side effects from the biologic.

I have two questions. Skyrizi is the first biologic I have ever tried. Is anyone else using Skyrizi and is it working for them?

And, also, if a biologic is proving to be working for the individual, does that mean they no longer get flares at all? For example, can they eat any foods? I've heard that some people talk about how they can't eat raw veggies, popcorn, etc. even while being treated with medication for Crohn's. Since I have only had Crohn's for a short time, I don't even know what foods, if any, effect me. I guess what I'm really wanting to know if Skyrizi ends up working for me, does that mean I will no longer ever have flares of diarrhea and increase in frequency of bm's? Or, can I still have flares if a certain food is the culprit?

I am not on Skyrizi but during my last appointment my doctor mentioned that he has very good results in his practice with the drug. This is of course anecdotal evidence and you should take it as such. This is a new drug, just approved for Crohns and he said that he sees a very good response in his patients and limited side effects.

I think the level of improvement on biologics is different for everyone. I am on Entyvio and still have symptoms but the improvement is big enough to justify taking the drug.

I am not on Skyrizi but during my last appointment my doctor mentioned that he has very good results in his practice with the drug. This is of course anecdotal evidence and you should take it as such. This is a new drug, just approved for Crohns and he said that he sees a very good response in his patients and limited side effects.

I think the level of improvement on biologics is different for everyone. I am on Entyvio and still have symptoms but the improvement is big enough to justify taking the drug.
Thank you for replying. I appreciate any and all information as this is all still very new to me.