• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone ever been category d meds while pregnant ?

I'm on so many medications while pregnant to my second to avoid having a major flare after giving birth as this happened in my first pregnancy though I'm scared as I don't know of anyone with crohns to tell me if they took meds and baby was fine. So far on gentamicin prednisone and pentasa

Failed on humira and infliximab so in Australia u have a 5 year ban once you fail so can't try them again for a while. My question really is did the baby turn out healthy once born ? I've read the meds I'm on can cause birth defects

Pred and pentasa are pretty safe I believe. Not sure about the antibiotic but many people have had healthy pregnancies on prednisone and 5asa drugs (like pentasa)