• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone having trouble with Convatec Combihesive?

So have been using it (moldable) for a few years - was great till now. But in past few months, bag often comes loose from the base - has happened to me 6 times now - several in public :-(

Anyone else encountered this?

I wonder if a fault in a manufacturing batch.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi it may be that you have a bad batch as you say, but I found that Stomahesive paste worked best for me.I just put it around the flange of my bag nearest the hole cut out for my stoma.with the paste I had hardly any leaks and my skin around my stoma improved also.if you haven't tried it give its go and see if it helps!!.I know you posted a couple of months ago but I've only just seen it !!.

DJW

Forum Monitor
As stated it could be a bad batch. Things change over time and a new system may be needed. I've gone through a number of products and manufacturers over the years.

Can you talk to a stoma nurse?

Dukeis

Dynastic Overlord
I have been using the Convatec moldable for 2 years now and I ran into this last year. It was one box that was bad. They just wouldn't stick for more then a few hours. I called Convatec about it and they sent me a replacement box. That was the only one I had trouble with, thank goodness. I love the moldable wafers!