• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone noticed poor healing and scaring?

Over the past two years I've noticed that when I injure my self in some way, (Ex: scrape, cut, burn) it's takes longer than it should heal and I seem to have a greater chance of scaring. For example, my cat scratched me three weeks ago and it still hasn't fully healed. I've had simple wounds take almost two months to heal. This wasn't a little scratch but it certainly wasn't something that should take over three weeks to heal. It hasn't been infected and doesn't seem abnormal in anyway. If I healed normally it would probably take a week to ten days to heal.

I wasn't always like this. I noticed that my bodies ability to repair itself seemed to go downhill after I started taking Humira. I'm not sure if it's the Humira impairing my ability to heal or that after I started taking Humira I started feeling better and actually doing things and getting hurt.

Before I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease , I had surgeries for both hemorrhoids and a fistula. I had trouble with them healing. I think it is part of Crohns Disease.

Yep. A scratch that wasn't very deep is still not completely healed from when I got it 2.5 weeks ago. I suspect messing with the immune system makes healing worse.

On the other hand sometimes I want to attribute everything's to Crohns/medication when it might be stuff I just never noticed before, so hard to say.