• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone take Iberogast?

Does anyone take Iberogast? My son has been taking it, on the advice of our GI doc, to help with occasional abdominal pain. I think it may be working but it tastes terrible and my son is having a really hard time taking. Anyone out there have a good way of taking it that masks the terrible taste?

YES I am using Iberogast and with some relief. I have been diagnosed with Crohn's for 10 years, I am on Humira and Pentasa and on a vegetarian diet. I have still been experiencing gas, bloating and severe pain after eating and was hopeless.
Iberogast has helped to give me relief from my symptoms. I mix 20 drops with orange juice three times a day and I find that you can almost not taste it at all.

Hope this helps.
Badgut48

I took Iberogast to. It does seem to help a little with upper gut issues, but not so much with the lower intestinal issues, at least for me. It did not taste to bad. Maybe mix it with something( apple juice or something). I would be leary of mixing it with anything that is acidic though, not sure how it would effect the tincture.

Does anyone take Iberogast? My son has been taking it, on the advice of our GI doc, to help with occasional abdominal pain. I think it may be working but it tastes terrible and my son is having a really hard time taking. Anyone out there have a good way of taking it that masks the terrible taste?