• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone take Lialda?

So I just got switched to Lialda (formerly took Asacol). I just picked up my pills and I am a little unsure as to whether the dosage is correct. The pills are 1.2 gm and the bottle says to take 4. My doc said that I only have to take them once per day b/c they are time release, but that is 4.8 gm, all at once. Does that sound right to you? What is your dosage? My Asacol dosage was 2 X 400mg, 3 times per day. That is 2.4gm/ day, so I guess he doubled my dosage. Just wondering if this is a high dose or if maybe there was a mistake.

Thanks Ranchero. I was expecting that the Lialda would decrease the number of pills I would take (which it does, I guess), but I was just a little surprised by the size and number of pills in the bottle. I guess it's all good, though. Thanks for your reply.