• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone tried eliminating ultra-processed foods?

Have you tried eliminating ultra-processed foods?

• Total voters
This topic seemed to feature prominently in a book about diet I was reading, although not in the context of IBD specifically. But associations between food additives and IBD are nothing new. And recently, I've noticed some that specifically mention "ultra-processed" foods. For example:

I'm wondering if differences in preparation partly explains why some foods are a problem for some people, and not for others. And some foods that are often safe, like rice, are often not ultra-processed. Of course, things like nuts are often a problem... but maybe that's more the case during a flare.

Anyway, I'm curious to know if this is an avenue that anyone has tried exploring?

Agreed, I just threw that in at the last moment. It seems this place is fairly inactive, however... 4 votes in a week, including mine. It was worth a shot though. I'll be aiming at improving my diet in any case.