• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone use probiotic called Align?

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
My GI recommended it to reduce bloating and gas. I'm on pred but my bloating has increased despite my having been tapering and drinking lots of water.

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
Thanks, Pen. I've been drinking a lot before, after and during meals. And I avoid dairy. I'm on Day 5 of Align - so far

I have history of antibiotics for rosacea. I'm sure my gut was severely out of whack...thus the Crohns? My physician recommended Align and Myralax (chronic constiptation), B12 shots and I felt like a million dollars for several months. Then of course, all the testing and preps I think aggravated my stricture issues resulting in surgery. But I give a big thumbs up on Align. One of those 2 was causing me gas blow initially however no pain...I think the Align? I think it was just regulating the bowel because it discontinued greatly.