• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone With Experience Using Probiotics For Crohns

I recently spoke with a lady who has a good amount of success with Probiotics in treating her IBS. I had a questions as who of you out there have had equal good experience using Probiotics to treat your Crohn's condition.

I have read that some strains are considered good and safe for IBD and others might be troublesome. I think this is why probiotics can sometimes have mixed reviews from users. It might simply depend on which brand or strains were ingested? I would research. I have read that acidophilus is safe so my son is beginning a supplement with acidophilus only. Let us know your experience if you decide to try them.

nogutsnoglory

Some people have had great success with them but others not so much. I am a big believer in their potential but so far after multiple tries I get bloated, sharp pains and run with more diarrhea.

I would certainly give it a try with a big company that tests their strains and ensures their potency.