• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Apple Cider Vinegar

Do any of you use apple cider vinegar?

I've started to take it two or three times a day to help with low stomach acid. The original SCD puts it on the illegal list if it contains the mother. However, when I was looking around the SCD lifestyle people were taking it with the mother. Other sites also say take it with the mother.

Basically...what's right?

My son is allergic to apples so he can't have the apple cider vinegar. He uses the regular vinegar-white with olive oil in salads.

Get it with the mother. The enzymes have live nutrients, so it makes it a natural probiotic. I love ACV, I drink it with warm water and a slice of lemon in the morning, and I put it in some of my food. Yum!

I do use apple cider vinegar. I don't know if it helps, but I've never had an adverse reaction. Supposedly the "mother" probiotics are supposed to help. Some people without digestive problems use it as well. Also good for cleaning, lol - "I'm supposed to drink something that cleans a floor?"

Try it if you can stomach it - some people don't like the taste, but I rather like it.

Totally off the thread but it does involve Apple cider vinegar I have a westie which has the westie itch and soak his paws in it works a treat,spoke to the vet and he said it's good for getting rid of yeast which is part of the issue with westies,smells good as well.if it helps crohns bonus.