• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Are there different types of leakage?

I've been having painful sores around my anus and an oily substance coming out. it doesn't smell or have a color. I have ulcerative colitis for 5 years now and i'm in remission. My diet has not been any different. could it be the diet pills I started taking? :(

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I take it these sores only appeared after you started the diet pills? Have you as yet booked an appt with your GP to get these sores checked out? I am glad to hear the tum is settled for you, are you on any meds for your UC and if so what are you taking?

AB
xx

Is uc a definite diagnosis? The reason I ask is sores or fistulas round the tail end are usually more often associated with Crohn's disease. They often discharge a mixture of serous fluid, blood and fecal matter it would be worth getting your doc to take a closer look.

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I take it these sores only appeared after you started the diet pills? Have you as yet booked an appt with your GP to get these sores checked out? I am glad to hear the tum is settled for you, are you on any meds for your UC and if so what are you taking?

AB
xx
Thank you.
I'm almost positive the sores appeared when I started the diet pills but I stopped taking them and I still have sores and leakage. I made a appt with my GP today. Unfortunately they do not have any openings till feb 25th. About a year and a half I had an episode that lasted almost a year. I was so sick and in pain one day that I had to go to the emergency room . They put me on steroids . my doctor than put me on a new medication called Mercaptopurine, 75 mili a day , and Ive been great ever since. I also take ASACOL EC 1200 mg a day .

Is uc a definite diagnosis? The reason I ask is sores or fistulas round the tail end are usually more often associated with Crohn's disease. They often discharge a mixture of serous fluid, blood and fecal matter it would be worth getting your doc to take a closer look.
Yes. I was diagnosed with UC. My fluid is oily an clear. can't see my GP till feb 25Th.