• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Arggghhh

arggghhh

im sorry i have to do this

ARGGGGGHHHHHH

im so fed up, im trying to stay positive and i cant do it, im so depressed atm.

I thought that once i had surgery, things would get better - but theyve got worse. Ive never had diarrhoea like this before, even when i wasnt on medication. Its making things bad with the bf as im constantly moaning, and he has enought problems anyway. I feel sorry for my family to see me like this, i know my mum has it but atm no one can use the bathroom in peace because im always needing it. I hate my mum for giving me this, and sometimes i just wish i wud die coz i feel so embarressed. I dont have a social life anymore, my friends get fed up with the fact that i dont go out, as im either too tired, dnt feel well or just generally dont wanna go out. Most of my friends think that now ive had surgery im cured, but i know that aint true. Im at risk of loosing my job as i wont have been there for over 6 weeks, and i had only been there 3 days before i went into hospital.

Sorry you're having a bad time but you're not alone in how you feel. Maybe going to see someone about how you're feeling might help? Depression is very common with ongoing diseases like Crohn's so don't feel like how you're feeling isn't normal or justified.
I know it's hard but keep trying to stay positive.
[hugs]

I am really sorry to hear how fed up you are , has the doctor said when things should feeling better?

When I'm not feeling well or I can't go out because of the diarrhoea sometimes I will have a friend over to mine. They are quite good really and they understand and know what i'm like when i need to go a lot !

i really hope you feel better soon and at this moment in time I know it will be hard but try to keep your chin up.:smile:

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
My D is worse after the surgery as well. But I have less pain...

I had my gallbladder out at the same time. And not absorbing the bile salts is the cause of my D. The med I take for that is called Questran and it does help.

Have you spoken to your doctor about all the D, and how it is interfering with your daily life?
This disease can make the happiest person depressed. I take anti-depressants and they have helped how I cope.
If you need a place to vent, do it freely here. Get it off your chest. Maybe have your friends read some of the other posts so they have more of an idea . I e-mailed my family a letter written by an angry Crohn's patient who messed her pants because a store wouldn't let her use the bathroom. Unfortunately most people don't understand what it's like to have a chronic illness.

Don't give up.....:)

I've been on anti-depressants when medical issues have got too much. Just may help to get you out of a downward spiral so you can start to concentrate on feeling better. May depend on your GP of course... mine is very good at listening.
Good luck, and feel free to vent here

Shantel said:
Soooo sorry you are feeling so rotten. I wish things would have been better post surgery - what meds do they have you on currently?
at the moment i am not on any meds, they stopped me on the budesonide when i came out of surgery, and my follow up appointment isnt until 12th October.

I cant speak to my doctor atm, as he wont have anything to do with my condition until i have seen my surgeon on the 12th, and i cant speak to my surgeon until the 12th - which is mega frustrating. Ive been trying to think what to take to maybe calm things down there, but i dont know what i could take that would be OTC, and wouldnt interfere and do me any further damage.

Yeah i have been trying to get friends over atm, but its hard unless they drive as i live in the sticks :(

I felt fine when i woke up this morning, and as soon as i got down the stairs - woooshhh it hit me, and my mum was in the bathroom at the time, with her morning routine for her crohns.

This may seem a weird idea but does anyone know of any way in the UK of being able to get a 2nd bathroom built on a grant? Seeing as we have two people in this household who both have the same problems and it is impossible to share one bathroom. Like im only talking about having a toilet and washbasin fitted, just so it would make things easier. Any advice would be fab :)

KS... your local council are the people to contact about a grant. They should do conversions for disabled people. The problem may be convincing them that you are disabled... due to incontinence issues.
Due to the current economic climate, local councils are cutting down on their expenditure, which may make it more difficult to get, although I think their expenses are re-imbursed by a grant from central government. the main thing is to be insistent about it and don't get fobbed off. There may even be a mechanism for appealing against any decisions
Your local council probably has it's own website, I'd have a look there first... try disabled facilities grants, or try googling it.

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
Poor kay. I wrote you a limerick to cheer you up.

Don't know about the UK, but write to your local legislator or the CCFA equivalent. They might be able to help you out. Two crohnies under one roof - ouch.

Hey, unfortunately we hear where you are coming from. :( This foolishness is never ending sometimes...but to feel better, we have to keep trying to push through it. It's hard when your support system doesn't understand, or when there's too much known about it in the one family as in your case, it definitely can make things very difficult with them at times...have you joined the local crohn's support group in your area?? Or connected through groups on facebook or anything like that, venting with people who get it, like our wonderful group here can really help ease some worries and tensions. :) Or keep updating us here. ;)

I recently had abscess drainage surgery and a seton placement...o joyous...and I hope that things come around for you. I have a journal where I write the nasty / sad thoughts that come into my head into it and then I don't have to be focusing on that...because i vented and got it out so I don't take it out unfairly on anyone.

I hope that things sort themselves out, but will send you along some reiki. Be strong, we're a tough bunch. :)

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
I'm awe struck that your local government would help to put in another toliet. Wow, things like that don't happen here.

those potties with the bag in them are not all that bad. I had to use one at the hospital last month and they even put a little kitty litter in it so there is no splashing.

I felt worse for the guy on the other side of the curtain than for myself :poo: :ylol2:

AgentX20 - thanks for that, im gunna look into that and see what i can find out, i will update when ive found something :)

Shantel - As far as i know, yes i have had my ileum out. I dont think it could be inflammation, as im not in any pain in that area, only thing that is slightly uncomfortable is where my stiches were. There is no way i cud have a potty in my room, my room is too small now (i have a collection of dolls houses in there), so it would stink the room out ( i know its my own poo but i used to have a potty in my room when i was younger - have no idea why - and this was before i made my room smaller, and it used to stink back then)

Fenway - yeah thanks for that, made me giggle :) Yeah i know, fair enough my mums is pretty under control so she knows when something is wrong etc. But i do think she is on some pretty weird medication for it, but hey ho i aint a doctor lol

Jamie - I dont know of any crohns support groups near me. I have joined a few groups on facebook but there not very localised. The journal idea does sound a good idea, might try that every night when i go to bed :) Sorry if i sound dumb but what is reiki?

imisspopcorn - ah well tbh our government arnt an easy bunch to get money out of

Kenny - Yeah i refused to use our UK versions, coz of the ppl the other side and i felt a tad embarressed lol - i was always way too determined to use the proper toilet

hey everyone
just thought i would give you a bit of an update:

well after a few more days of the D, i gave up and asked my mum to go to the chemist and buy me some imodium, and my god does that do the trick.

I have so much more energy now (i think i might have been gettin dehydrated) and im not going to the toilet as much now (maybe 3 times a day max - whereas it was over 6 a day before), and i just generally feel myself again.