• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Arthritis Help

Since arthritis seems to be a common symptom related to Crohn's, I have started doing my research into non drug treatments. Not that I have anything against drugs, but they largely only treat symptoms in this case, and have side effects. A persons Liver can only tolerate so much.

Not only that, but my hip is bothering me again and I am locating all of the frequencies used for cartilage repair and arthritis pain.

One thing that is approved for the treatment of Arthritis is a device called an Arthrowave. It basically uses a single 100hz frequency as the method of action.

http://www.arthrowave.com/

Since I have been using frequency treatments of the unapproved kind for quite a while, I can vouch for how effective it can work for certain conditions. I will admit that their choice of the 100hz frequency is likely not the most effective available. There are other frequencies that have been used much longer for the same condition unofficially. Two are very close to the one they use. 95hz and 110hz have been used for many years by people who use frequency devices to treat arthritis.

Documentation obtained from the Bionicare website indicates that the device emits a single 100 Hz signal. The AARP article says "researchers believe the device's intermittent pulses help preserve and REPAIR cartilage"

That seems to be a little more than just a pain relief device. But, even so, it is classified as one.

FDA documentation shows that the device is classified as a transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator (TENS) unit.

Again, those of us who use frequency treatment methods have suspected cartilage repair is happening when treating with specific frequencies, but no real way to prove it.

In twenty more years maybe the two frequency devices I have will be available as an approved treatment. Since they cannot be patented it is unlikely.

No reason we cannot use proven frequency treatments for arthritis, or unproven treatments that do precisely the same thing.

Dan

I'm interested in if this works for you, or if you possibly think increased stimulation with higher voltage would gain better results. I have alot of joint pain, but nothing to offer besides pain pills which don't do much but make me sleep the days away...I'd like something that lets me be more active, I'm intersted in knowing how this works for you long-term if you stick with it.

Thanks,
Jon

I just started testing it last night using a GB-4000 frequency generator driving an EMX plasma tube device. This way I am not limited to treating one area as the arthrowave is.

I had slight pain when I started, it went away after treatment and through the night. Now it is back again. I will have to do this awhile to eliminate any placebo effect. Cross Country skiing also relieves the pain for a day or two so it is not easy to separate effects.

It also takes weeks of treatment to get a more permanent effect.

My pain is not bad, but bad enough to wake me up at night. Problem is it is not constant and that makes it harder to determine if it is actually working or not. The odd thing is that my father has exactly the same pain in the same hip.

I always assume these frequency treatments are not going to work, and quite often they do not. Arthritis is one thing that has a fair amount of evidence that it does work, so I am hoping for the best.

You are correct that a higher voltage can help with certain treatments. The physics involved have to do with using a plasma tube and gating of the frequency producing a deionization of the plasma quickly to produce milliseconds of a voltage spike. This is when frequencies are using to kill bacteria and may not be valid in this application. The other advantage of using a plasma tube are the harmonics produced by the tube itself.

Dan

Last edited: