• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Arthritis in Hands

Over the past couple of months my hands have began getting sore sore when playing the piano which I have been doing for over 13 years. Progressively my hands got sore quicker and quicker to the point where I could only play for about 5 minutes at a time. Now, my hands are sore, all of the time.

Does this sound like arthritis? Anyone else experience this?

nathan said:
Over the past couple of months my hands have began getting sore sore when playing the piano which I have been doing for over 13 years. Progressively my hands got sore quicker and quicker to the point where I could only play for about 5 minutes at a time. Now, my hands are sore, all of the time.

Does this sound like arthritis? Anyone else experience this?
What do you mean by sore? Is it joint pain or skin pain?

Off and on, I have problems with my hips, knees, and ankles. I also get pain in my hands, wrists, back, neck...

Have you considered the weather? Is it cold where you are, or damp? Have you thought about what you've been eating? If I have too much caffeine, I get bad joint pains.

It could be arthritis, though I don't know what arthritis is exactly. Is it just inflammation? I would suppose what I experience, is inflammation. I saw a rheumatologist a couple of months ago, he had me squeeze his hands. He told me that my problem was not arthritis, or I would not be able to squeeze his hands.

I don't know, though. My hands have progressively gotten worse over the years. I can barely open anything without a struggle, and pain. I have a hard time carrying heavy things with my hands. Before I started anti-inflammatory meds my hands hurt constantly.

Joint pain is common in autoimmune diseases, I do know that. Have you talked to a doctor?

any chance of trying methotrexate for your crohns and arthritis both? its done wonders for me?

i used to have days where i couldn't leave the house cause it was to painful to turn a doorknob (not kidding, felt so stupid), these days its really nothing to me.

meth is yet again another drug that everyone reacts differently to.

best wishes.