• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Arthritis & why Copper may help

Warning, this is probably only interesting to me, but who the heck knows what people are into.

Since I test and use some alternative treatments, I am always looking for the how and why as to effect. Not that I have to have an explanation, but I am more comfortable with one.

I stumbled into a persons research regarding frequencies that emanate from metals and even a Pine Tree.

For instance Copper Plate emits the following measurable frequencies in Hertz.

*Copper Plate*
± 71.0, ± 78.5, ± 90.0, ± 100.0
(Max Freq. Emission Range - 22 cm)

I am sure we all have either known a person or heard of someone that wears a Copper Bracelet to help with Arthritis pain. I have thought that it likely works to one degree or another, just because it is used by so many people. And if it was a placebo effect, any material would do, so we would have people wearing whatever in a bracelet form, and they all would work equally as well, since it is a Placebo effect.

I think the fact that these people say Copper is the only material that works, has some validity to it. Just for the reasons above.

From my own research and use of frequency treatment, mostly for the destruction of pathogens, I am familiar with frequencies used for various conditions.

One of the listed frequencies that allegedly works for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Arthritis, is 100 Hz. I do not have Arthritis, so I have not tested this frequency, but others have used it with pain relieving effect.

So while I do not have a rock solid explanation why 100Hz would work for Arthritis in the first place, I do have two separate and unrelated sources of 100Hz that are both supposed to relieve Arthritis pain.

Coincidence or clue?

Dan

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Okay That stuff hurts my brain...Is that Electromagnetic Radiation Hertz?? Nothing to do with audio frequency and decibls??? That stuff is too far out for me. Just wear the bracelet cause its pretty and it makes you feel better!

On public radio they were discussing a hospital that was integrating Copper into the fixtures because Copper kills bacteria that comes into contact with it.

It is similar to Silver in this respect. Another coincidence?, is that Silver emits frequencies close to the 100Hz that Copper does. Silver emits 99.5 Hz if I remember right.

It is possible that it is these frequencies are part of the reason for the antibacterial properties. And since they both have antibacterial properties, that may also explain why Arthritis would be helped by both. Although I have never heard of a Silver bracelet being used. People do use Colloidal Silver for Arthritis.

The reason I have an interest in this, is that bacteria cannot hide from a frequency. It is theoretically possible to affect them no matter where they reside in the body. Even where there is little blood flow.

Yes, the 100Hz is an audio frequency. It is in the audible range of frequencies.

Dan

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
D Bergy said:
On public radio they were discussing a hospital that was integrating Copper into the fixtures because Copper kills bacteria that comes into contact with it.

It is similar to Silver in this respect. Another coincidence?, is that Silver emits frequencies close to the 100Hz that Copper does. Silver emits 99.5 Hz if I remember right.

It is possible that it is these frequencies are part of the reason for the antibacterial properties. And since they both have antibacterial properties, that may also explain why Arthritis would be helped by both. Although I have never heard of a Silver bracelet being used. People do use Colloidal Silver for Arthritis.

The reason I have an interest in this, is that bacteria cannot hide from a frequency. It is theoretically possible to affect them no matter where they reside in the body. Even where there is little blood flow.

Yes, the 100Hz is an audio frequency. It is in the audible range of frequencies.

Dan
Sorry to off subject but, have you ever seen that man that used Colloidal Silver so much that he actually is bluish? He looked like the tin man from the Wizard of OZ. Maybe this stuff could be used to treat all the MRSA outbreaks that are drug resistant?

http://boingboing.net/2007/12/20/another-person-turns.html Here is a picture

Last edited:
Yes, I have seen the guy. He drank gallons of it and put it on his face. I am not a big proponent of Colloidal Silver, because is indiscriminately kills bacteria, good and bad. Agryria , the blue skin thing is extremely rare, and happens to people who use far more colloidal silver than is recommended.

I do not worry about that, but there are other ways to kill bacteria more selectively, so I think Silver has its place, but would not be my first choice of treatments. However either Copper or Silver door knobs and in other places hands go would be a good disease prevention strategy.

We happen to have Copper door knobs. Not because I thought of this at the time, but my wife liked them.

Dan