• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Articles on depression, mental health, marriage

articles on depression, mental health, marriage

I have had Crohns disease for 11 years. My marriage is falling apart and my husband wants a divorce because of my moodiness and he claims I can't change. I have been depressed for a long time. Crohns is not entirely to blame because I do have other issues. I think that knowledge is power and if my husband could see some research articles about the impact of crohns disease and chronic illness on mental health, than maybe he would re-think this. Does anybody know where I can find articles? Thank you.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Sorry I dont have articles to show but from my experiences itis best to seek a counselor or be on a mild anti depressant, it can help your crohns and your marriage. Some people can't handle their spouses being sick and they want out, and having this disease is hard enough mentally and the meds don't help. I had two prior relationships that I dumped because they were not there for me and always finding a way out. I now have a hero of our days to be there for me no matter what. He is a rare find and I knew I had to change as well. It is not easy, and seeing a counselor could be beneficial for both of you because you can vent or get it off your shoulder rather than your husband.

It isn't fair but we have to learn if we could do the same for our spouses? I know we say we would but , day after day and words and fights get worse. Intimacy is nearly non existant and some value that more than others.

I have alot of experiences in my personal life and it wasnt til I was in my 40's that I was truly happy because of the husband I have. Pm if you ever need me, I am here, Hugs!!!

:hang: