• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Asacol and lymphoma?

asacol and lymphoma?

Is asacol a TNF blocker? I have been on asacol since I was 25- in 1985- for ulcerative colitis, Though. my colitis was in remission, my doc said to stay on it. And when I would try to get off of it, I would get cramps. So, I stayed on it, Well now, flash forward to to 2002 when I was diagnosed with marginal B zone splenic lymphoma. A disease common with 70 year olds, and there I was only 42. I wondering if there is a connection.

Last edited:

ameslouise

Hi Melinda and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your lymphoma dx. I hope you are able to treat it successfully.

Hope your Crohn's is under control now, too.

- Amy

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Melinda and welcome. No, Asocal is not a TNF blocker. It is an anti-inflammatory. I am on Lialda, which is very similar, and my doctor considers it a "benign" treatment with little side effects. So, I don't think there is a connection. I am so sorry about your diagnosis, and I wish you luck with your treatment. Hang in there!!