• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Asacol HD success???

I was wondering if anyone saw improvement with their Crohn's while taking Asacol? Side effects? Im starting this med and I'm scared the side effects on the label don't seem fun...I'm also kind of a bit weepy so I could just be having an irrational fear.

Thanks
Ceci

I took asacol for a while and had no side effects. Quit taking it because doc said it didn't work in the area my crohns was in.

Asacol/Colazal are both pretty benign as Crohn's meds go. You can't get any milder. I had a slight allergy that caused me excema but a slowly ramping dose with an allergist consult fixed that.

I have had no adverse side effects while taking asacol... And when it was combined with prednisone I saw significant improvement in my symptoms. Its def worth giving it a shot and muppet is right, the meds for crohns don't get much nicer than asacol. Good luck!