• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

At ER today

L

leah131

Hi all:
I was at the ER for 3 hours with my mom. I was there because of the blood in my stools and stomach pains. They took some blood work and did a rectal exam. Everything came back normal. Tomorrow I have to see my family doctor they will call my GI doctor and go from there.
Leah

M

meowsie

Ugh! Fingers crossed and goot thoughts going out to you, Leah!

Kev

Hey leah131... You should think about buying a lottery ticket, because it sounds like today was your lucky day. Only 3 hours in the ER, and everything came back normal.
Typically a trip to the ER in this neck of the woods means a 6 - 9 hour wait, then you get to see a doctor. See, it's all in the attitude. Anyway, best of luck, and I do hope they gave you something to take for the pains until your GP can get you in to see a GI. In the meantime, watch what you eat, keep hydrated, and keep good thoughts.

L

leah131

Hi:
I called my GI doctor he is on vacation for 2 weeks so I am seeing another GI doctor. I am seeing him on wed. It usually takes a while to get in to see a GI doctor. wonder how I got in so quickly. I was surpised about that too. Take Care
Leah

T

tea

omg hope you are ok leah. let us know what they say at the other gastro doctor.

T

tea

i was just wondering the same myself al. has leah had to go into hospital. anyone seen her today?

L

leah131

Hello all:
Sorry I didn't post eariler did meam to worry you guys. But the other gastro is doing a stool test and he gave me some cream it's called AnaMantle HC cream kit. It has a sterriod in it. If anyone wants to email me you can.
It's leah131@sbcglobal.net Take Care
Leah

V

Valentina

hope your feeling better Leah, being newly diagnosed is pretty scary. hang in there.