• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

ATTN!: Some users have been wrongly deleted from the forum

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
A copy of what is posted throughout the forum as an announcement...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello members,

I have just learned that several members accounts on the forum have been deleted. I am not sure why this has happened, however quite a few of the members here are likely going to be affected by this.

I want you all to know that we value our members here very much, and realize that this community is only as strong as the members who are a part of it. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope that everyone affected will sign up a new account to remain with us once again.

Please feel free to contact us at crohnsforumadmin@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you very much.

-The Crohnsforum moderatation team

Kev

Hey Mike.. Thanks for the 'heads up'.. Any rough ideas on the numbers? Any idea if this was a 'glitch', or possibly 'hacked'. If deleted, can a member rejoin with identical username N password... and reconnect with their old threads, posts, etc.

Or is it a case that, even IF they could rejoin with same username, their past posts CAN'T be tied into them again.. or their past posts under that username preclude them using it again. I know, I know.. throwing a lot of tuff questions at you.. some possibly with no easy answers.. maybe no answers. But, if you do get a chance, could you maybe even speculate on some till hard answers become available? Like, us mods will probably be hit with a ton of questions too... and I for one don't even know which users have been deleted, or when.

well heres one answer Kev, i just redid my registration, and you can use the same name:)

woohoooo

that's great to know, jed, thanks for letting us know. :)

i see your post count has gone back to the start again tho. :(

I did a sort by posts in the "Member's List" and it shows the member "monister" has 4,294,967,295 posts. Could that have something to do with accounts getting deleted?

Kev

GOOD CATCH, KC... I don't know how much time mike can devout to this at the moment... Think I'll try to take a look into this... We had a 'few' suspect members who seemed more intent on peddling their wares than sharing their experiences. I may be just a suspicious ol fart, but the timing of this seems all very coincidental.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Thanks a lot for all your work and reregistering Penny. Thanks also to all the others who reregistered an account. It is definately nicer to have you all back with us!

dingbat said:
lol no, it means you're effectively a newbie again, so unfortunately we have to do the secret initiation ceremony all over again :D
gah! you and BWS gonna make me take laxatives and only give me newspaper for the toilet again?????

thanks a lot guys......
(i'm gonna place high fibre suppliment powder in your coffee when your not looking:))
;)

Yeah I don't drink coffee either but once i had an espresso made by a pure bred Italian that shot through me so fast.lol

jed said:
gah! you and BWS gonna make me take laxatives and only give me newspaper for the toilet again?????

thanks a lot guys......
(i'm gonna place high fibre suppliment powder in your coffee when your not looking:))
;)
damn, i said SECRET! haha

i think we can take pity on you 2nd time around, & put the newspaper in the fridge the night before, just to make it more pleasant. see - we really are kind people :D