• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Autism, Gut Issues Linked

nogutsnoglory

Champsmom, you may find the book Gut & Psychology Syndrome interesting. The author maintains diet is linked to diseases like autism and many who also have IBD have found success on the same diet. It is similar to the Paleo and SCD diet with its own variations and restrictions. It is a hard diet to follow but one I believe in and would like to try if I wasn't struggling to keep my weight and appetite up.

http://www.gaps.me/

I will check it out! I have another book that talks about food and the link to illnesses, behavior, etc., can't think of the name of it of the top of my head, but will go looking and post it.

Thanks for sharing!

I totally believe in the connection!

nogutsnoglory, you should check out www.wellfedhomestead.com

Great recipes for gaps diet. We don't do diet completely, but I do incorporate some of these recipes into my plans. The Coconut flour blueberry muffins....:dance: