• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Availability of restrooms during COVID?

Like most of you have probably been doing, I have been minimizing my trips out during this COVID insanity. I was in a situation last week where I had to go to an appointment that involved a round trip of about 130 miles. I noticed that virtually every location that I would depend on for a restroom is now off limits due to COVID. This includes fast food places, gas stations, highway rest areas, etc. All have closed their restrooms and will not make any exceptions. I understand wanting to limit spread of the virus, but denying access is a bit extreme, especially to those of us who have to rely on the availability of a restroom if we have to travel.

Is this a local phenomenon, or have any of you noticed this in your areas?

Yes same here to in Rhode Island....130 miles damm you in Oklahoma ,lol.....I throught going to Boston,Ma. 1 hour + away was bad.. I understand though, I truly cant go to the bathrooms just anywhere, my wife can, but, not me.....When I was on Linzest, the best meds to help with getting the intestines to move,,,,,,, I would have anxity because Im going out and dont know what is going to happen with needing the bathroom. It is a BS life style we all HAVE to adapt to[FORCED by crohns]