• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Awaiting diagnosis! Newbie!

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum. I'm currently awaiting diagnosis via colonoscopy and biopsy. My celiac test has come back negative & my bloods were all ok.
I have suffered with flare ups my whole life.
My current symptoms are - diarrhoea for around 3 months in a bad day im going up to ten times! Mucas, now and then a bit of blood but not a lot and not often. Stomach cramps, fatigue, achy joints, nausea, also have skin tags and what I'm thinking is a fistula :/ my doctor is concerned that it is colitis. Does this sound like typical colitis or ibs?
Thanks in advance!

Same symptoms I had 24 years ago and was misdiagnosed twice. I have Crohn's..Please make sure you get the colonoscopy so they can see exactly what the issue is. The colonoscopy was the only thing that diagnosed me. I was told I had colitis then IBS. Finally had the colonoscopy which confirmed Crohn's.

Best of luck to you.

I would suggest getting an MRI or CT scan as well if your colonoscopy comes back negative. My Crohns doesn´t affect my colon or terminal ileum so my colonoscopy came back negative. Pill cam and MRI were the tests that finally helped diagnose me. Oh, and a fecal calprotectine test! That's super too! IBS patients never have raised fecal CP.

I would suggest getting an MRI or CT scan as well if your colonoscopy comes back negative. My Crohns doesn´t affect my colon or terminal ileum so my colonoscopy came back negative. Pill cam and MRI were the tests that finally helped diagnose me. Oh, and a fecal calprotectine test! That's super too! IBS patients never have raised fecal CP.
Agree.

Thankyou so much for your replies! It's nice to know I'm not going crazy lol I've got an appoitment to see the colonic surgeon in November I'm guessing this is just an initial appointment.
The flare up seems to be settling a bit now, still have body aches and nausea and my hair seems to have got really thin! :( So nice to find a forum for support xxx hope your all well!!