• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Awesome SCD Recipe

I know some of us eat SCD, but this is absolutely mouthwatering even for those who don't.

I bought some cubed butternut squash from Costco. As I flipped the lid I noticed a recipe under the label. I thought... maybe we can adjust it, let's see what it is!

Imagine my shock at a total SCD friendly recipe printed with the squash! I made it immediately and it was YUMMY.

Honey Roasted Butternut Squash with Apples and Pecans

Serves 5

1 lb. Butternut squash, cubed
1 medium baking apple, peeled, cored and cubed
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
3 Tbsp. honey
1/4 C. pecans, finely chopped
1/2 tsp EACH of nutmeg and cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place cubed squash and apple in an 8 x 8 baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons water and roast uncovered, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until almost cooked through.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine next five ingredients. Remove squash from oven, and pour honey mix over squash. Stir lightly to coat. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and serve.

Easy and delicious.