• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Awwwww man!!!

Bugga bugga bugga sh#t!!!!

I thought things had been goin fairly well with my cd
apart from knee cartlidge issues I've been pretty good lately

but in last 10mins I've had to rush for the loo

and possibly tmi - but what can I say, but blood blood blood
lots n lots of it

an I've now got pains n cramps

Happened - snap of the fingers

grrrrr friggan crohns!!

So sorry you're flaring, Rob! I hope it's just a blip and not anything more, I get that every now and then. Not a full-fledged flare, but an "episode" of diarrhea, cramping and bleeding, with a fistula opening up (tmi I know). If I rest a few days, take a flare dose of Pentasa for about two weeks, it clears up in about a week.

I noticed you take 1500mg of Salofalk, that's kinda low in my humble opinion, esp. for a guy in your shoes. I take 3,000 mg a day when I flare and I'm on Remicade. I drop back to 2,000 mg when I'm not in a flare, I weigh 146lbs as a reference. Maybe ask your doc about it.

Also, if Remicade doesn't work for you there are lots of other drugs like it that people have good sucess with, just something to keep in mind.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Oh no, that sux Rob! I hope it's nothing too serious and you can get it knocked on the head quick smart. Good luck buddy................

:getwell:

Thinking of you, :hug:
Dusty

Oh, no, Rob - sorry to hear that! I know what that's like... sometimes it can happen without warning. Do you suspect something in particular could have triggered it? I hope this is just something funny that will sort itself out soon - please take care of yourself and hope you feel well soon!

Astra

Hiya Rob

I'm so sorry this has happened, you've been doing so well lately too!
Hang on in there, hopefully it's nothing too sinister and will go away!
Good Luck Hun
xxx

Thanks guys

I've been pretty stuffed last day or so
that an feelin bit down in the dumps so jus been sleepin or sittin on the couch wen not doin the bolt for the loo

things seemed to have calmed down abit now with the blood so hoping it's over with for now
my doc thinks possibly cos my knee has been giving me so much grief that it could of flared up my cd a bit
- I'm so close to taking a hacksaw to my knee ATM, it's a friggan pain
I've got a stupid limp an it hurts like hell and takes me for ever to climb a set of stairs

as for my current meds, my dr said I could of easily gone a bigger dose with what I'm taking, immuran and salfalk etc but cos I'm on the vedo' trial they are actually trying to ween me off all my meds an jus hav the vedo infussion every four weeks
- which is due this Tuesday

my biggest issue now is my knee and if/or wen they're gonna operate on it etc, sooner it's fixed the less it may cause inflamation an flaring, but with Xmas an holidays close I dunno if I can let em do so til next year

anyway thanks for ya support etc
I'm bushed so I'm off to bed

hope everyone else is doin well