• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

B12 shots

Question for the B12 shot takers...I haven't been able to convince my doctor that I could use this treatment. Does it really help with the lack of energy and hair loss? My tested levels were low, but not alarmingly so, but I've lost a ton of hair on my head and have no eyelashes left and I could sleep all day and still feel tired. Thanks!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I was told I had low b12 and didnt have hair loss or lack of energy. I have my shots monthly. I could get a bit more energy but nothing noticeable.

What meds are you taking. Anyone with CD should be taking b12 but not always shots.

I also have hair loss and no energy at all :/ I have CD .. But no one has every told me I should be taking B12 ... I thought this was all just cuz of the new meds I was on :/ I hope everything works out for you :) take care ! DanielleD X

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Snookerdoodle (I love those in the gluten free lol) I am pretty sure the 6mp could be your culprit.

b12 Should be tested on all crohnies, when you have D you lose that and potassium which can be dangerous. Lots doctors dont tell you because most do not study nutrition. It is all about the meds unfortunately.

Thanks. I'm actualy kvetching about my GP not giving it...he told me to wait a month to see if the hair loss tapers off. It did a bit, but I seriously gave up a stunning head of hair!