• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Back again :(

Well here I am again.

It has been a while as Crohns has been very minor thing in my life after a resection in June last year.
Surgery went very well and most/all of my symptoms we gone, had a great year playing with the kids and generally having fun and doing everything we wanted.

Back to now and I have been having some cramping and bad D over the past few weeks, my GI and I have always suspected that I have had IBS even before the dreaded Crohns was first found. So we botht thought the symptoms I was having were related to that.
Anyway we agreed to have a blood test after having perfectly normal results for the past 12 months…..
Went in to see him last Friday and he informed me that my CRP levels are very elevated 
So he has requested a colonoscopy to see what’s going on in there but his face spoke volumes in what he thought was happening :(
Should be within 6 weeks that I have the Colonoscopy.

Being a glass half empty kinda guy it seems that the dreaded C is back with a year of my resection. Completely gutted really. All that stress, worry and pain of surgery and it looks like I am back to square one.

I want to shout and scream at somebody but know it not any bodies fault and nobody really understands.

So sorry guys I am letting it out here.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ARRRGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ARRRRRRRSEEEE!!!!

Hello sorry to see you are back here and suffering again but you don need to apologise to anyone about letting it out on this forum. We all have those moments when it needs to come out and it's better than losing it with someone who has good intentions.
Has your GI mentioned any medications that may be an option? I hope you can get this sorted quickly and get back to being healthy again.

Thanks for the reply.

GI did mention Azathorprine if the colonoscopy shows active C.
Never tried that pre op so willing to give it a go.

I was on penatasa (which my GI and surgeon both said was a waste of time!!!) and Budesionde which actually worked quite well.

A lot of posts I have read people haven't had much success with Pentasa and it didn't do anything for me either but was the first medication I ever tried.
I wasn't able to tolerate aza but I am a bugger when it comes to medications lol, there is the sub forum in the treatments section with others who are on aza.

Hi n00b and KayleighMeek,

Sorry to hear that your Crohn's has come back so soon after surgery. I had a similar story. My first GE suspected Crohn's and had me on Pentasa and I had occasional flares. My GP told me to go to the ER when the next flare began. The Drs. wanted to send me home when the pain subsided but I asked the surgeon to do an exploratory. He did and found some inflammation and stricturing. He removed the damaged part and the appendix (which had a tumor in it!) and suggested I start biologics. My GE told me to stay with Pentasa (I did). My GP was concerned and sent me to a GE who specializes in Crohn's and he ran tests which showed more inflammation and stricturing above the area that was operated on. He thought Pentasa was not very effective and put me on Humira...so far so good and I don't glow in the dark. But I did catch cold which became pneumonia. When my wife sneezes I RUN!

Good luck,

Alan