• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Back again!

Wow. Back again. :dusty: It's been awhile! Like nearly four years? Geesh!
Registered here after my initial diagnosis of Crohn's back in July of 2014. Was put on Azulfedine BID, and in a month or two, everything was honky dory. Seriously. Guess I thought I was 'healed'. :ylol2:
Oh well. Surprise! Not so much. But it was nice while it lasted. The last couple weeks it has reared it's head again. :ack:
*UGH* Due for my scheduled colonoscopy next month anyway, so I suppose I'll find out then if this is just a flare, or if something new is going on. Boooo. :(
Guess I'll hang around a bit longer this time and see what kind of good info I can glean here.

Lynda Lynda

Oh, it is me again.
I was diagnosed with crohns this year and I was 57 at the time.
Is that the only medication you were taking ?
Will you be getting a calprotectin test too ?
Wishing you the best next month.
💕

I was dx'd at 64, but had severe IBS since my late twenties, early thirties or so. Never had it looked at, just always thought it was something I had to live with. I may well have had colitis or Crohn's all along (no bleeding) but I never was dx'd until four years ago. If memory serves me correctly, I believe they ordered that test back then. As for the meds, yes.. that's what they put me on back then. Worked wonderfully and in a short period of time, my issues were gone. So I was surprised to have them return with a vengeance this month. *ugh*