• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Back at it again (maybe)

JDTM

OMG LDN BBQ
Hi guys! I'm not new here, but it's definitely been a while. A quick backstory...

I was diagnosed with Crohn's in early 2012. Although my case was deemed "mild," I felt like it was anything but -- I was depressed, in pain, and I was losing tons of weight. Gradually, however, I started getting better, and eventually attained what I consider to be remission. I stayed in good health for a few years, got fat again (unfortunately), and aside from a sudden random blockage and a 3-day hospital stay about a year ago with an NG tube stuck in my face, I was doing pretty well.

Right now, I've been experiencing daily stomachaches and some more frequent trips to the bathroom for the past month or so. I have a semi-annual appointment with my gastroenterologist coming up tomorrow, so I'm sure we'll do some bloodwork to check some inflammation markers and go from there. I'm hoping that this isn't the beginning of another flare, but I have to say that I am doing a bit better than I was last time (or at least I'm catching things earlier), and I credit at least some of that to being on medication, mild as they may be. I mostly want to find out what might be causing the pain, as I'd like to avoid another blockage if at all possible. That sucked.

So, that's where I'm at. I haven't posted in a while -- generally speaking, you won't see a lot of people jumping on this forum all that often to talk about how great they are feeling (but trust me, a lot of folks do go into remission -- we're out there!), but I thought this would be a good time to check back in, just in case there are any new developments. Hope all of you are doing OK. :)