• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Back in again...

so here we go again back in the hospital as of yesterday with another blockage. :ybatty: This time I'm being told I wont be leaving until I have surgery which as some of you may remember that was already coming. Currently I am waiting to talk to my surgeon tomorrow to find out the game plan. My guess is it will be in a few days because right now they have got me hooked up to TPN to build me up some more before hand. Also rocking the lovely NG tube, they gave me a smaller one this time around its not nearly as painful as last time. Thats about it for now will try and keep this updated as I feel up to it.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Oh man, I'm sorry...but in a way this is a good thing too! The NG is the worst ever. Did you get a PICC line??? At least you'll have good pain control now. Keep us updated. I have felt much better since my resection, I hope you do as well. Good luck.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
So sorry skinny, but hopefully they can get any infections out prior to your surgery. Just think, after the surgery you will have a life again! Glad I did it. The pain and blockages were my worst nightmares. Please keep us updated!

I feel bad about you being back in the hospital Skinny. I agree with IMP and Farm, I think the NG tube is the worst and painful experience to have. I hope you feel better and your surgery goes well.

Thanks everyone for the support still waiting for the doc to show up.

I got the PICC line for the tpn yesterday what a mess that was. The first try was a miss and had to start all over didn't help at all that I'm so skinny and dint have much muscle anymore, and small veins. It took over and hour when it usually take thirty minutes, and they still had to bring me down to x-ray to advance it an extra 5cm.

No infections as of yet so I'm all good there I think before I go in. Honestly guys If you have to get an NG tube again ask for a 14gage (I think thats the size) its smaller then the typical size. Still hurts going down but the discomfort level isn't nearly as bad as a larger tube afterwords.

Skinny Dub said:
Thanks everyone for the support still waiting for the doc to show up.

I got the PICC line for the tpn yesterday what a mess that was. The first try was a miss and had to start all over didn't help at all that I'm so skinny and dint have much muscle anymore, and small veins. It took over and hour when it usually take thirty minutes, and they still had to bring me down to x-ray to advance it an extra 5cm.

No infections as of yet so I'm all good there I think before I go in. Honestly guys If you have to get an NG tube again ask for a 14gage (I think thats the size) its smaller then the typical size. Still hurts going down but the discomfort level isn't nearly as bad as a larger tube afterwords.
ive never even heard of NG tube? or a PICC line?

Hope surgery goes wel for ya, will be thinking of you

kskitt said:
ive never even heard of NG tube? or a PICC line?

Hope surgery goes wel for ya, will be thinking of you

Here is a thread I had started a few days ago about TPN/PICC line http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=7740

NG tube is a tube they run down threw your nose down your throat and into your stomach it helps remove gas and liquids to relieve the pressure.

Good news the NG tube just came out I hope it stays that way since I'm on TPN and don't need to eat so... but as of right now I am penciled in for surgery on Thursday afternoon no sense in waiting another month if I can have it down now you know what I mean? Still getting my Remicade tomorrow as well hopefully that will assist in knocking down the inflammation even more along with the steroids before surgery.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Sorry you had a hard time with PICC line. I had a hard time with NG tube...deviated septum, I could hear the cartilage crunch in my nose when the doctor finally got it in. They do have lidocaine jelly that you can snort to numb the pain...nice huh...I'm a lidocaine jelly snorter...I'm wishing you luck, keep us posted.

Skinny Dub said:
Here is a thread I had started a few days ago about TPN/PICC line http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=7740

NG tube is a tube they run down threw your nose down your throat and into your stomach it helps remove gas and liquids to relieve the pressure.

Good news the NG tube just came out I hope it stays that way since I'm on TPN and don't need to eat so... but as of right now I am penciled in for surgery on Thursday afternoon no sense in waiting another month if I can have it down now you know what I mean? Still getting my Remicade tomorrow as well hopefully that will assist in knocking down the inflammation even more along with the steroids before surgery.
ahhh ok, ta for that. Well ive never had one so have no idea what its like.

Thanks everyone for the support at least I wont be having it three days before x-mass like they had originally planned.:)

Yeah NG tubes are no fun maybe they just don't us them on that side of the pond?

Update

Update for everyone. Surgery went well and right on scheduled, as planned. The Dr. ended up removing 15" of my ileum within this area there where a few strictures some really bad and the rest inflamed and damaged so it all came out. But he said that everything else looked good.

On that note I feel good since I have come out of surgery. Now I'm sitting here doing sips/chips of ice waiting for gas and a BM don't know if the BM will happen because I have been on clears for 5 days. The epidurale Has been treating me well haven't had to hit the "pain button" at all so they will probably reduce the rate tomorrow we'll see how I feel after that.

Great news Skinny - glad to hear it has been a success and lets hope you will be outta there and on the mend really soon - thinking of ya!

Lishyloo

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Great you had your surgery! I wished the epidural worked for me but they never do, only once for about an hour. Dont worry about bm, just rest! It is the best thing you can do. Did you have Laproscopic? Are you on any maintenance drugs?? Hope you are outta there fast, but dont rush it ok?

I'm not too worried about the BM I know it will eventually come. They started me on liquids today still taking it easy let my gut get readjusted to that kind of stuff and what not. No it wasn't laproscopic they made the incision just below my belly button to my pubic bone its very low maybe 4 to 5 inch's long. As far as drugs they started me back on asacol this morning I will still need to tapper of pred and the azasan not sure yet, and will likely continue remicade infusion. But I'm sure I will have a better idea on drugs when I talk to the GI doc tomorrow.

Good luck with the GI tomorrow Skinny - sounds like its all going in the right direction though...

I am rooting for you being fighting fit in no time!

Lishyloo!

I'M OUT!!! :banana: They let me go late last night now I'm staying at my parents place for a week to rest and hang out. Things are going good now I'm just dealing with extreme water weight that my body is trying to get rid of from all the TPN and IV fluids and being in a bed for 10 days. Also sleeping plenty from the pain meds and maybe constipation issue from it but I cant yet tell so...

How about you?? Going to check your thread now.

Good to hear kskitt.... Still feeling good and doing well just eating and relaxing. Waiting to see how my body is going to start to deal with all this food have been eating and learn what my new normal is going to be. :ysmile:

good good. Yeah i was like that when i first came out, then it all just turned to D - doesnt matter how much i eat, or what i eat. But today was my first day in i dont know how long for that i have only been to the toilet twice - its always at least 4 times a day! Think it might just be the side effect of not eating when i was in hospital