• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Back on active duty :-(

Hello all
Got back to Myanmar after Christmas, via a week stranded in Bangkok due to new visa regulations. Now find myself back here less than 3 weeks later.
Started to get bad stomach pains, vomiting etc at the weekend. Went to see doc in Myanmar on Monday. Cos I'm a Crohnie he decided to do an ultrasound. Suspected a Portal Vein Thrombosis, so here I am in BKK again.
They've confirmed the PVT but also checked to see if there might be any underlying Crohn's involvement.
So my 3.5 years remission was very sweet. The CD is mild and at the site of the join, but there's also a stricture. They are not suggesting surgery....yet!
So Pentasa for the CD and a long course of antibiotics and Warfarin for the PVT 😕

scottsma

Good to hear from you again,but not good that your crohns is rearing it's ugly head again.
Hope you get back in remission again soon.All the best.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Aw, Grumble, how frustrating to be flaring again after such a nice long remission! :( I spent 2 years in remission myself so I know the feeling and it's not a good one. I hope you can get back into remission and quickly. Did they say if the stricture is due to inflammation or to scar tissue?

fuzzy butterfly

Hi Grumbltum. Oh no thats a bummer. Pardon the expression.!!
Sorry you are having a flare n hope they can get it under control quickly for you. :hug:
Best wishes 💕

Aw, Grumble, how frustrating to be flaring again after such a nice long remission! :( I spent 2 years in remission myself so I know the feeling and it's not a good one. I hope you can get back into remission and quickly. Did they say if the stricture is due to inflammation or to scar tissue?
Mainly scar tissue Cat, but there's also some ulceration at the site.

Still in Bangkok. Jeez I didn't realise a PVT was quite so scary. Shouldn't have looked it up!
Got out of hospital on 13th and luckily I have a friend here I can stay with. I have a couple more appointments as an outpatient for them to settle on the right dose of Warfarin.
I hate being on that 😢 They're telling me to wear gloves for cooking etc etc in case I cut myself. So I had a bit of a weepy day yesterday - everything kind of sinking in.
but had a long chat with the doc today and because the clot is not related to a malignancy or genetic clotting disorder, there's more chance of it dissolving.
Some career /location decisions I need to think about now.

fuzzy butterfly

Hope you feel better soon Grumble. I had clots on my lungs after my first op n that was a scary time.
Warfarin for me too then for 3mths or so.
Best wishes n hugs 💕