• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Back pain and needing antacid

I have had a pain in my back, down from my shoulder blade and just top the left of my spine, if you were looking at my back to the left. It's been there about a month so I don't think it's a muscle. I also have suddenly been needing antacids a lot. I'm worried I might have an ulcer in my esophagus. Anyway, has anyone ever had similar combination of symptoms?

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Can't say that I have but I do experience a lot of back pain. For me its a combination of muscles (I do some minor heavy lifting) and arthritis. It is entirely possible that the symptoms are related though. Would be best to get the opinion of your GI for the antacid issue and maybe even have your GP take a look at your back (doesn't mean you shouldn't tell your GI about your back pain though). Having two doctors tackle the issue is always better than one in my opinion. Keep us posted. :)