• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bad, bad night!

Another Bad, bad night!

Having had the nausea with the Aza, I decided last night to just take one after my dinner at 7pm. Within an hour I was being sick and that carried on until midnight. I am glad I only took the one as I have a big wedding to photograph today, I dread to think what would have happened if I had taken more! Anyway, I am not going to take any more and will see my consultant on Tuesday. Onwards and upwards!

Last edited:
Following my previous post, my consultant told me to take two full weeks off the Aza then start again 50mg/day.

Last night was the night. Took the tablet before bed hoping to sleep through any nausea. Woke at midnight and was violently sick and continued being sick every 20 minutes or so through the night. Went from food to bitter yellow liquid to blood at the end of the night. I'll not be taking any more! The problem is without it the diarrhoea is getting worse again and it's three weeks until I see my consultant. His next plan was to try 6 MP. I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to see whether he will start the 6MP or suggest something else until the 26th when I see my consultant again.

Happy days!

The worst thing about taking meds is its side effect disturbing you during your sleep. I would suggest consulting your physician for an alternative as you've mentioned. Good luck!

Following my previous post, my consultant told me to take two full weeks off the Aza then start again 50mg/day.

Last night was the night. Took the tablet before bed hoping to sleep through any nausea. Woke at midnight and was violently sick and continued being sick every 20 minutes or so through the night. Went from food to bitter yellow liquid to blood at the end of the night. I'll not be taking any more! The problem is without it the diarrhoea is getting worse again and it's three weeks until I see my consultant. His next plan was to try 6 MP. I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to see whether he will start the 6MP or suggest something else until the 26th when I see my consultant again.

Happy days!
Ugh! I would quit taking it too.