• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bad flare up again , emergency scopes tomorrow

He ladies
Well I'm back again but with bad news ,
Lewis has been really ill
He's had another two abscess at the same time he's never had two together , he's been on ciprofloxin and metronidazole
All this two days after his infliximab treatment , he's been feelin better in himself I think due yo the iron infusions he's had
His docs rang Monday as they had just had a meeting and want him to go in Friday for upper and lower scopes and the surgeon is also going in I ink he may lay open the fistulas as they keep coming up and and going there different from the ones he originally had l
We're really worried the infliximab isn't working he's taking azathioprine aswell
Has anyone else still had abscess taking infliximab and asa or has it stopped working and they've had to take other meds

I ve heard of tacroilinms think that's how u spell it is this any better or is it the same as I flick an I, surfing the net for any ideas I can throw at the docs tomorrow so if a one has an ideas on meds or treatment s. can ask the docs about I will go armed with my list of questions our consultant knows I'm the lady with all the questions lol
Why is this road of remission so hard to loopy get in , we thought he was doing well on,y getting an abscess every 3.5 months . Now they seem to be getting worse
Thanks In Advance ladies ,xx

Sorry to hear about Lewis. There is one family here using Tacrilomus. They have had great success with it. I hope you get some answers and they figure things out! Sending hugs!

Sorry he is having so many problems again. Hope scopes go well and give you answers. No advice on tacrolimus. I think izzi'smom daughter is on it and it is working well. Although I don't think she has been around much lately - hopefully because it is working so well they are just enjoying life.

Hey Emma I'm really sorry Lewis is so poorly. I hope they get him sorted quickly. It's never ending what these poor children and parents have to go through. How's your daughter getting on now? Steph x

Please pm me at any point if you have questions about tacrolimus...jmrogers4 is absolutely correct-tacrolimus is working so well right now...we are blessed. If you message me I get an email notification. Hoping you find something that works...be it tacro or something else...my heart aches for you <3