• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bad one, ended well...so far.

I was feeling great. Meds appeared to be working, no pains fro several months, and then: Bang!

That familiar unrelenting pain hits the right side of my abdomen...the one where I just know I'll be in the ER in a few hours...and I was.

CT scan revealed that my Ileum was blocked (again), and that surgery was the likely option (it would be my sixth). Now that is depressing news. But for my CT scan I had to drink allmost 2 liters of contrast fluid, and that sometimes help they told me.

So they gave me morphine to keep the pain away, and monitored me closely. I was rolled down for X-rays every 3 hours trough the afternon and evening. No bovel movemnet at all. Not so much as a fart. In the evening no less than 3 surgeons surrounded my bed while discussing what to do. And the concurred that I would be operated in the morning, as they where all worn out and needed a rest. (my last surgery took 6 hours). I was all dizzy with Morphine. and agreed.

But earlier I needed a shot of morphione every 2.5 hours. But during the late evening I had no pain. And slept trough the night without any pain at all, needing no further pain medication...and in the morning I wake up, and let rip a gigantic fart!
Ten minutes later I am on the porcelaine taking a dump!

I call the nurse and announce to a beutiful young lady that I have both farted and pooped (i felt like a six year old), and by noon I was dismissed, pain free...

Me to...but having some minor pain issues all over my abdomen now. Not enough to resort to pain killers but just on the treshold of it...I guess I will have to watch what I eat for a while...it irritates me, becasue it was all going so well for a little while.