• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bad week for.joint pain

I have been having a lot of joint pain this week does anyone know anything that helps? I have other health issues such as fibro,arthritis high blood pressure etc and am on 7 different meds daily plus B-12 shots monthly and remicade infusions every 8 weeks. I really am feeling very frustrated with the pain because nothing seems to help. I can't have anything with aspirin and am allergic to a lot of meds. I am trying to stay positive but it has been a rough week. :sign0085:

David

Co-Founder
I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with the joint pain :( I've moved your thread here to the arthritis forum, I'd suggest looking around here to see if anything sounds like a good idea.

One thing I always ask people with such symptoms is whether or not they've had their vitamin D levels tested. If so, what was your level?

I hope you feel better soon! :(

I am having extreme joint pain....neck, shoulder blades, elbows, wrists, fingers. My last colonoscopy (2 months ago) came back great! Dr wants me to stop azathioprine and start on purenithol (6mp)though. Does 6mp help with joint pain? I seem to have a hard time getting answers regarding joint pain from my GI. They just say: well a lot of UC/Crohns patients complain about joint pain! I'm always a very positive person and I don't complain about dealing with Crohns (25 yrs) but these additional symptoms can be very depressing. I take Lialda and will start 6mp soon. I'm praying for some relief

annawato

Staff member
Fish oil helps me with joint and muscle pain - not a cure but a definite improvement and its good for depression and any inflammation in the body. Only problem is you have to take at least 9g so 9 of the 1000mg tabs and they're big tabs. Worth trying.

I've recently been experiencing horrible joint pain as well! I'm not sure why, and have wondered if its from my remicade infusions. I have read it can cause some joint pain. I also have recently cone off of regular use of dilauded for pain, and so I don't know if that's the cause either. I just don't want another CD symptom/complication! I take vitamin d3 twice a week, I don't have the bottle with me right now, as I am mobile, so I'm unsure of the ius. I also havee to do weekly b12 injections, and weekly iv fluids/banana bags. I get my levels checked weekly, and with all the ivs, and supplements, my levels are finally normal.

annawato

Staff member
Hi j.bug, my guess is its stopping the dilauded since its coincided with this. Whenever I've cut down, stopped drugs like it i get worse joint and muscle pain. Pain I got from remicade usually only lasted a day or 2 accompanied by tiredness. Also is the pain in particular joints, is there any warmth or swelling in the joints, or is it just damned painful and the last thing you need right now. I'm guessing the latter and all I can say is you have my total commiserations and I really hope it improves soon. If its the dilauded it will improve soon so my fingerws are crossed for you.

Hi j.bug, my guess is its stopping the dilauded since its coincided with this. Whenever I've cut down, stopped drugs like it i get worse joint and muscle pain. Pain I got from remicade usually only lasted a day or 2 accompanied by tiredness. Also is the pain in particular joints, is there any warmth or swelling in the joints, or is it just damned painful and the last thing you need right now. I'm guessing the latter and all I can say is you have my total commiserations and I really hope it improves soon. If its the dilauded it will improve soon so my fingerws are crossed for you.
Ty! Its been about 3 weeks since regular use of dilauded. I was in the hospital about 2 weeks ago and on a pca pump then. The pain tends to be in specific joints. My hips are pretty bad. As are my shoulder blades and lower back. Spoke with the gi drs yesterday. They are brainstorming and calling me back

annawato

Staff member
I hope they come up with some answers for you, so often they just say yes it happens with crohn's. Not much comfort unless they can give you something to relieve the pain.

Agreed. There's a lot a wonderful lil things we crohnies have to just deal with. I'm going to try accupuncture soon for pain. Tired of narcotics, but also tired of pain

annawato

Staff member
very true, and i think the muscle pain is worse than crohn's tummy pain. Not in severity but because its so constant and draining. at least tummy pain goes away when a flare is over. Somehow its easier to deal with even though its worse.