• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Badger doing great

Sorry for the lengthy absence guys. It's been a crazy 3 months here.

But I am thrilled to say that Badger is doing well. His labs are almost all back to normal and his energy and activity levels are definitely back on track. He's doing remicade every 4 weeks at 5 mg/kg. Next time we will back it out to 5 weeks and try that a couple times and continue gradually backing out until we reach 8 week intervals.

After missing 3 months of school his senior year, it was a scramble to get him caught up enough to make sure he would graduate on time on top of the regular work he needed to do.

Badger has a twin sister and she was really struggling with her school (they went to different schools) over her senior project but for different reasons than Badger.

So I was up to my eyeballs in stressed out kids, stressed out teachers and stressed out administrators let me tell you. All while trying to make my home presentable for the onslaught of out of town visitors that were coming for the graduation ceremonies. And selling some real estate. And staying on top of the whole college thing. And...well you get the idea.

So glad it is all over and we can just ease into summer and have nothing more stressful than getting our daughter off to college in Illinois in 6 weeks and helping Badger with transportation to his head intern job with the local summer Shakespeare Theater program. Next week he spends a week at Camp Gut Buster (as a counselor this year) a Bay Area camp for kids with IBD. He says it is the best week of his year and can't wait for Monday to get here.

I am so thankful for so much today. For this forum and the parents who offer support and guidance to each other. For modern medicine and the life it has given my son. And for compassionate, competent doctors and nurses.

It is so great to hear from you. I have had you and Badger on my mind and was hoping that things had improved. I hope you enjoy a relaxing summer!

Maya142

Staff member
What great news! Hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing summer!
I have a twin brother and we drove our Mom completely crazy when we were that age. She was very glad to send us off to college ;)

Great news, hope you all have a great summer xx

Surgery
Hemicolectomy oct 2013

Meds
Methotrexate injections, folic acid and zofran

Past meds
Azathioprine 50mg

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Thanks so much for the update Patricia and what a brilliant one it is! :dusty:

Fab to hear that the past few months are behind you with a far more relaxing Summer and exciting times ahead for your kiddos. :)

:mademyday:

Dusty. xxx

Great news!!!!!
So happy to hear he is doing so much better!!!! Congrats on the double graduations!
Hope you all have an awesome summer!