• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Baking soda possible autoimmune disease treatment

I wonder what dosage they were using. The recommended daily sodium intake is less than one teaspoon.

Yeah, it would have been nice to know what amount they tested with.

I am taking a quarter teaspoon before meals. I have no symptoms to resolve so I doubt I will notice anything.

Dan

I'm trying this for a 2 months now, I have way less inflammation of my fistulas.
I have tried 1g at morning. Then I tried 1g at night too. This is the best approach, taking more simply does'nt help more.

But I'm having diarrhea sometimes, and I never have. I'm trying to pinpoint if is the baking soda or other thing that I'm eating.

Thanks for the report.

It can be difficult to tell why diahhrea occurs as there are quit a few possibilities. Certain foods are often the cause. Other causes I have come across are just drinking more liquids and coffee certainly produces more loose stool in myself along with any type citrus fruit or drinks.

Mass amounts of dead bacteria also can cause it.

I would speculate that the increased stomach acid could cause it also. Particularly if you do not eat after using it.

Let us know if you pin point your cause.

Dan

Lady Organic

Staff member
thanks for the info. Im in a debuting very minor flare right now. willing to try it now!- and if this could help the stomach too, why not...
***just had my first glass with half-tea spoon, not very tasty :pale:

Last edited:

Lady Organic

Staff member
Looking at the nutritive facts, I see half a tea spoon represents 22% of daily value recommended for sodium. This means we have to be careful not to eat too much salt while trying this...