• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

:::bangs head on desk:::

I'm sure this has been ranted several times on this board, but boy do I need a moment right about now. F bomb is probably going to drop a few times.

I should consider paying my co-pays out to the fuckin' know-it-alls I surround myself with. No, Dad, I do NOT have crohnic right sided pain because "I've always loved pasta" (where in the hell did that even come from? I don't even hardly eat pasta). No, Dad, I don't give a flying fuck that Jesus died for my illnesses and sicknesses. Yes, Dad, I am sure for the millionth time that it's not my ovaries giving me shit -- my OBGYN has ruled that out for me. Stop asking about my damn menstrual cycle, too. No, Dad, my joints do not severly hurt because I'm getting old -- I'M 27!!! No, Dad, me getting a gym membership and excercising isn't going to magically cure me.

Kindly fuck off. Thank you.

With love, your daughter

Santos61198 said:
Wow, V...
Doesn't it seem sometimes like people don't even TRY to understand?
It aggravated me to no end that certain people take the time to call me, acting so concerned for my well-being, wanting to know the results of my tests, etc. just to shoot down my explanations! I don't get it at ALL. I'm very fortunate to have an awesome husband, a good friend or two and this forum that will never question me or brush off my symptoms.

So sorry to hear that you are having such a frustrating time with family. After a while, all of the foolish advice, dime store psychology, and amateur diagnostics can be enough to make you want to go flippy on them. One of my personal favorites is "Don't you feel a little bit better today? Well you sure sound better."
I hope that things turn around for you real soon.

Jerman said:
So sorry to hear that you are having such a frustrating time with family. After a while, all of the foolish advice, dime store psychology, and amateur diagnostics can be enough to make you want to go flippy on them. One of my personal favorites is "Don't you feel a little bit better today? Well you sure sound better."
I hope that things turn around for you real soon.
Thank you so much.

Yeah, several months ago when symptoms started popping up, a relative told me it sounded like I had "just gas". Well, that gas ended up costing 15k for three ER visits. Ugh...

With Gas like that, I think you should take a look at the "Dutch Oven" thread.

I think you may have something to contribute

farm

Captain Insaneo
I love it! All the self-proclaimed Dr.'s in the family.

Have you tried gas-x?
Yes and the paint still peeled off the walls.

You should eat more fish.
Why? So I can shit a shark?

You probably have hemmoroids.
Really? Thanks, that explains why my guts wrench and I puke all the time.
Thank god for your ultimate wisdom and I shall now go hook up the welder and burn those devious hemmoroids right off my ass and be healed!!

farm said:
I love it! All the self-proclaimed Dr.'s in the family.

Have you tried gas-x?
Yes and the paint still peeled off the walls.

You should eat more fish.
Why? So I can shit a shark?

You probably have hemmoroids.
Really? Thanks, that explains why my guts wrench and I puke all the time.
Thank god for your ultimate wisdom and I shall now go hook up the welder and burn those devious hemmoroids right off my ass and be healed!!
Oh lordy, this has got to be the funniest post I've read in a long time, LOLOL!