• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Battle with meds

I was diagnosed in 1994. did well on pentasa entocort 6mp for years. in 2009 my body stoped responding to meds. was put on remicade and had severe reaction. them was placed on methotrexate and humira. have had two surgeries to remove strictures and perforations. Now I have had to go on disability because scar tissue has destroyed my sphincter an cannot control bowels any longer. the injections are starting to take a toll on my body. After methotrexate injection I am unable to function for at least a day. The humira injection is causing severe nausa ang upper stomach pain. My doctors said these drugs are my last resort before I have to have to be placed on permanent ostomy. The doctors at duke said they may consider an intestinal transplant, I have never heard of this prceddure an found out it is experimental

has anyone else been on methotrexate and humira together. Did the reactions get better with time or worse. Mine seem to get worse

Hello ronkatwhite. Welcome to the forum. We don't have experience with humira or methotrexate. I hope somebody can answer your question soon. You may want to visit the treatment section and post your question there. I hope you feel better soon and find a treatment that works. Sending Hugs and Support.

has anyone else been on methotrexate and humira together. Did the reactions get better with time or worse. Mine seem to get worse
Yes I was for quite a while, I never had any reactions, but I was on Methotrexate for about a year before I was on Humira, so that possibly made a difference.
I had an Ileostomy done a month ago, wish I'd had it done years ago.