• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Become a Cyborg

Jessi

My 7 year old son, in the 2nd grade, is very interested in the human body. He has a slew of books (that are far too advanced for him) that he likes to look at and ask questions about.

He's young, so there's no rush on career choice, but right now he's torn between being a doctor and being an inventor. My husband told him that he could invent medicines or prosthetics. That way, he would be able to choose both. :)

Well, now my son is always bringing up ideas to me. He's very entertaining, as most of his ideas are very far-fetched. LOL

But this one got me thinking:
He wants to invent a prosthetic colon and small intestines "for people like mommy." What a smart little guy he is!!

Has it been done? This sounds new to me, but perhaps someone has already heard of it. I realize that a j-pouch can be formed by using small intestine, but this would be mechanical, I guess.

This is his proudest invention idea, so he's on a kick. He's coming up with more and more to add to it. Anyone care to be cyborg?

sawdust

Great idea! I would happily forgo all the sports disqualifications associated with bionic gut, like boxing and competitive eating. And it's a no-brainer if you get the added benefit of "tin can" flatulence. :ywow: Can't deny those!

Seriously, though, what a great lad, whose first interest is to help "people like mommy." Good job, Mom! Please encourage him for us. :thumright: