• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Been gone a while

Hi everyone. I haven't been around for awhile because of school and all that junk.
Good news is is that we just bought a new house! We should be moving in within the next month.
I guess the bad news is my stupid intestines are stupid, as they always are.
Getting stuck with cramps in class is stupid! I have to bring my Levsin wherever I go because of it. That and I have to avoid eating before I go anywhere or while out.
Last weekend we went out for lunch and I am just glad we got home when we did!
I haven't seen my gastro in a while because I am sick of him.
I had to see my pcp because I had bronchitis and she mentioned that I have lost a lot of weight. I said, "I told you I have stomach issues!"
I'm just not that into looking for a new gastroenterologist. My current one still thinks its IBS even though I keep losing weight which is not an IBS problem.
The weight loss, the noises, the bathroom trips, my butt hurting, the cramping, it all SUCKS!
Last night I was up late with terrible cramping and burning D. I would fall asleep for just a moment and then shoot out of bed and run to the toilet. After a while it was just bile and it hurt so freaking bad. I'm so glad I have calmoseptine on hand. Today I'm feeling icky and super tired but oh well. I think I've just stopped caring.

I guess I just needed to come back here to remind myself I am not alone. I've just gotten to the point where I just don't care. I don't care about seeing the doctor anymore, I don't care about any of this stupid crap. I'm just so angry at my body for being a jerk. I just want to bang my head on the desk or get a punching bag.

I totally understand where you are coming from Pewpew, I'm pretty much fed up as well, though my issue is incapacitating fatigue at present, and my GP says there is nothing that can be done about it!!

Really glad you have joined us again - you are never alone! (((HUGS)))

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Ah PewPew I was hoping you were out feeling great and enjoying your life!:(....Honey, sooner or later you are going to need to see a GI. Have you checked Mayo in Phoenix? I have heard great things from a friend about all the docs there....Also, if you are having a lot of bile acid Diarrhea, Google the symptoms and see if they match yours. I take a bile acid sequestrant and it really cuts down on the urgency and burning. I'm sorry you are having a rough time.

PewPew I can totally sympathize. I was like you for years, with moron doctors who kept telling me I had IBS or anorexia, of all things. I lost lots of weight and lived off Bentyl, another anti-spasmotic drug, and tried not to eat if I was going somewhere. But the thing is, it all came crashing down one day when I was at work. I went to the restroom and passed out from blood loss during a bad diarrhea bout. By then I was so ill it took 9 months for me to even be functional again.
I guess what I'm saying is in the long run I wish I didn't wait-I know finding a doc that understands is a pain but you owe it to yourself to get the best care you can. I wish you all the best in finding a good doc-maybe someone here in AZ could make a rec for you. I hope you feel better ASAP!

Oh Pewpew, you are never alone here. We know what it's like.

I'm hoping your stupid guts settle down for the house move.

Wiil you be in a different area to justifiably get a new GI?

Love and hugs

lishyloo x

I feel bad that you are not feeling well but I am glad that you are back. Dont give up. I know that feeling when you just get so frustrated that you dont feel like dealing with anything related to this but you should try to look for a new gastro. Feel better :)

Mountaingem said:
PewPew I can totally sympathize. I was like you for years, with moron doctors who kept telling me I had IBS or anorexia, of all things. I lost lots of weight and lived off Bentyl, another anti-spasmotic drug, and tried not to eat if I was going somewhere. But the thing is, it all came crashing down one day when I was at work. I went to the restroom and passed out from blood loss during a bad diarrhea bout. By then I was so ill it took 9 months for me to even be functional again.
I guess what I'm saying is in the long run I wish I didn't wait-I know finding a doc that understands is a pain but you owe it to yourself to get the best care you can. I wish you all the best in finding a good doc-maybe someone here in AZ could make a rec for you. I hope you feel better ASAP!
Ditto on what Mountain just said - you owe it to yourself to pull those bootstraps up and go find a doctor that can get to the bottom of what is going on with you. Come on Pew Pew - you are spunky as CRAP - you can do this. You deserve it!!

You guys are so amazing. All of you. :)

I ended up calling my GI. I need something done. It seems as though my luck has taken a good turn! They said they can't see me anymore because my insurance won't pay up. WOOOOOOOOO! YAY!!!! *happy dance* Good thing is, I can find a new GI and they can't force me to pay what my insurance hasn't paid since I am on state insurance. What a relief! This looks like a good sign to me.

I have a pretty good supply of pain killers in the meantime. I had to take some last night because the pain was too instense to sleep. Luckily the immodium seems to be helping. Eating really sucks and that's probably why I have so many night symptoms. I usually eat later in the day because I can't stand to have any food before 12-3pm. I don't pig out or anything at night, normally it's just a little something but that little something can cause big problems.

I don't know if there is any relation to this current flare, but since my problems have increased, I have been running a low-grade fever. Inflammation maybe?

I love all this weight loss but frustrated that none of my clothes fit. Even my skinny pants!

The low-grade fever and diarrhea at night are definite signs that the disease is flaring. I understand your food issues, maybe if you cannot tolerate food a liquid supplement would be good. Some people like Ensure;personally I prefer whey protein powder mixed with milk or water from the health food store.
Be sure your insurance realizes how seriously ill you are-it might speed things up seeing the new Doc. If they tell you to wait for the appt. message the Doc. with a short history of your symptoms and see if they can accomidate you sooner. These are little tricks I learned working for a Doctor for a few years. And BTW, it's illegal for you to be made to wait longer to see the doc because you have state insurance/you have a right to the same treatment as anyone else regardless of insurance; if the receptionists try to pull that let them know that you know your rights. Best wishes PewPew!

I talked with my insurance company today and surprisingly enough the rep was really helpful! He gave me a list of docs I can see and said I just need to get a new referral from my primary doc. That's no problem because my primary doc knows what's going on and usually gets it done right away.