• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Been reading this site for about five hours now.

Hi,
My name is Melissa and I'm currently officially not diagnosed. Although I've been to the hospital four times and drank some ugly orange stuff and they said it's either Crohn's or Colitis. I have to follow up with a regular doctor but that's hard when you only sometimes qualify for low income health care. Anyways thanks for all the info and I'm glad to be joining. :):):)

Welcome, best of luck as your journey moves forward! I think you'll find people here are always supportive and willing to help out.

Hello and a very warm welcome to the crohns forum :). I have found the forum to be an absolute God send especially during those darker times like 4am and I'm in pain or up to the loo. Feel free to ask anything you like and there will always be someone that can help. I'm glad you joined us.

Thanks lizbeth,
Ya it's just one of those days. Thank you for being around this site is a Godsend. The only medicine I'm on right now is pain meds.

I'm on pentasa and omeprazole plus calcium and multivitamins and of course pain meds too lol. I was diagnosed but now my GI has changed his mind and says it's IBS! This disease is a right royal pain in the a## but with the help from our friends we will continue on this journey. :):)

Another big plus for the forum is that there are members here from all over the world... So if you're awake and trying to manage a problem in the middle of YOUR night, there's probably someone awake and happy to converse in their day time

HD

I'm so glad I signed up for this. I just left the ER and now they say it's GERD but they only did blood tests. I also found out that my Insurance expired so my visit isn't covered. So now I have to make a appointment wait a month then wait eight hours to show how poor I am. It's really embrassing because it's a group and you have to say all your personal information in front of people. Thanks for everythingneveryone! Btw they told me to take Prilosec and if I feel like to go see a gastro.doc yay!!!

I'm so glad I signed up for this. I just left the ER and now they say it's GERD but they only did blood tests. I also found out that my Insurance expired so my visit isn't covered. So now I have to make a appointment wait a month then wait eight hours to show how poor I am. It's really embrassing because it's a group and you have to say all your personal information in front of people. Thanks for everythingneveryone! Btw they told me to take Prilosec and if I feel like to go see a gastro.doc yay!!!
Gosh I'm really sorry to hear about your insurance troubles, we complain and moan about the NHS in the UK but at least we have access to health care. Good luck with everything. :ghug:

Thanks Lizbeth it's not that bad. Today I'm going to go see the Dave Mathews band so Im really excited about that.

So I saw a GP today, he was rude almost made me cry twice. Never looked me in the eye. He told me I had to quit smoking or he'd be less willing to help me. He said I need to go on a diet, I'm 320 lbs and that he's putting me up for gastric bypass. He said it could take weeks for me to go see a gastro doc. He said I need a colonoscopy and something gas. Now I will be taking five meds.
Omeparazole 20 MG
Levsin 0.125 MG
Immodium A-D 2 MG
Gabapentin 100 MG
Buspirone 5 MG
And so the medicine and doctor journey begins. Have a good day everyone!