• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bentyl

Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm a noob. Anyway, I am not officially diagnosed yet, however all signs point to Crohn's.
I have my colonoscopy/endoscopy set up and the doc gave me Bentyl in the mean time for the pain/cramping. My question is will this help with the odd gurgling/splashing noises as well since it's an anti-spasm med, or does it just mainly help with pain? Also, I am somewhat paranoid about taking new meds and this one seemed to have some odd side effects. Anyone taken this experienced any of them?

I've taken it several times before in the hospital via a shot. It was kind if like a narcotic pain killer in terms of how it made me feel, A little goofy and dizzy. It wasn't extreme. I had no negative issues with it though. It did seem to help everything relax and calm down which I assume would relieve any gurgling but I'm not sure on that.

I use bentyl pretty regularly. Actually, just took some about 20 minutes ago :) It does help me with the gurgling sensation going on in there, and helps taking away the gasy, crampy pain. It does make me sleepy some, but you get use to it and it stops making you as tired after a while. I hope it helps you :)