• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bi-weekly or monthly dosage?

nogutsnoglory

This is an informal poll to see if you are getting the bi-weekly or double dose monthly of Cimzia.

I'd much prefer to have it monthly if i go on it but not sure what the standard is or criteria for deciding dosage.

Jer

Started off 2 inj. once a month. Moved up to 1 inj. every 2 weeks, then moved to 2 inj. every 2 weeks.

It isn't helping, yet my doc doesn't want to pull the plug yet. Waste of money for me.

2 injections every 2 weeks, first I was on 2 injections a month, no results. Then switched to 1 injection every 2 weeks that didn't work either. The 2 every 2 weeks not really any better for me.

Crohn's Mom

My daughter started with 2 injections, once per month but has since moved to 1 injection every two weeks and now they have added Imuran to the mix as well.

nogutsnoglory

2 injections every 2 weeks, first I was on 2 injections a month, no results. Then switched to 1 injection every 2 weeks that didn't work either. The 2 every 2 weeks not really any better for me.
So you are doing 400mg every two weeks? 800mg per month? Haven't heard of that. Is it helping?

Yes, I do 400 mg every two weeks. My main issue is fistulas and the dose is not really having any effect on them. I have had setons placed so I know they won't close all the way but not really any difference since the higher dose.