• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Big D after flexi Sig

Hi all

Had a flexi sig yesterday all went ok, BUT after about six hours i started with D and its never stopped, could this be becuase some of the enema was still in me?

any advice would be great!

Hi Ormsklad,

Glad it went ok. Did they tell you anything? Did you have an enema rather than the prep? Or is it the same thing? If you had the prep, that should be well gone.

Could you ring the IBD nurse at the hospital and see what then say?

Good Luck xxx

Hi hope your well

Went well banded a hemo for me. I had an enema but when i got home it was none stop for hours. Didnt say much I was ment to go this morning to the nurses clinc but could not face it. I will give her a call this afternoon

Cheers

I wouldn't be too concerned with this unless it becomes an ongoing issue. Remember that with the sig they pump you full of air to distend the bowel. This is a mild irritant, and your body wants to get rid of all that air. The result is going to be faster transit times. If things don't settle down, then you may want to follow up on it.