• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Big Time Noob!!!

C

chocolatelvis

well first post.

was diagnosed feb 06, was told not to eat fibre, no saturated fats, no high residuale foods, and high sucrose content foods.

now being a pastry chef, this was quite a challenge at first dang it.
fortunatly i never liked popcorn which i have noticed is a weakness for many crew here.
always annoyed me digging the husks from my teeth, ewwww.

but anyway getting back to my path, yeah being a chef i could easily analize what i could and could'nt eat. at first it was everywhere i looked.

i miss alot of foods i have discplined myself away from, i do play up some times but still not too much to have an eruption.

i moved from australia to live in china, and i was terrified at first because well there are no aurthorities to monitor hygine. wait i almost told a lie, they do have some kind of a hygine inspectors that show up from time to time. i dunno what for because the food on the streets is questionable to no end.

but this what i have discovered about chinese foods and crohns, if the meats have fat on them then boils in a serving broth the saturated fats are on the top!!
i can eat alot of chinese foods now with little to no problems. but i do dig out all the baddies tho, and i dont drink the broths or soups.
what does this mean?
i got me thinking that, before i left Australia i heard crohns may be a bacteria imbalance with in the affected area. the thought was why is it that asians are the least affected race of crohns? hmmmm dang.

but true to the thought, i was having alot more problems in australia????
i'm thinking due to the fact that our soceity if victim to such highly processed or totaly sterilized food production envionments, this i understand is a 2 way street.

so now i dont take much of mercaptopurine (2wice a week), but i do take glutamine tablets everyday, and i do need vitamin b injections every 2 weeks.

i dont think i have made any discovery of any sort for the community, this is a individual case, and i can not stress that any more.

however i cant gain any wieght!!!!!.

oh well thanks for listening
CE

Yeah, I occasionally wonder if processed foods and prepackaged stuff plays at least a little bit of a role in Crohn's or at least exacerbating the problem

C

chocolatelvis

yeah i was later told by my doctor that higly processed foods are also no no,

sorry members i realized after i posted, that this thread should have started in the yourstory thread. dang!!
:O)