• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bile Acid Diarrhea

We I have sought out a new GI and so far so good... I'm in a lot of pain and have bad watery diarrhea all the time... I may be suffering from bile acid diarrhea. Anybody else have this? I'm gonna have an MRI to check on things too... This new doc seems to really listen and wants to help me feel better... My other GI just kept running the same stool samples and blood work and telling me I'm fine... Well I'm not fine having urgency, watery stools and abdominal pain all day everyday... I think a fresh set of eyes is what I need...

I started having watery yellow diarrhea in 1997, always sick and nauseated. I think it was around 2003 when my Primary Care Doctor prescribed me my Cholestyramine Powder. I take 2 packets a day. It really works well for me. It was a lifesaver.
Oh wow I'm hoping my new doc can get this figured out because the urgency ruins a lot for me all the time...i read about the cholestyramine powder your on... Thanks for sharing...