• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bile acid malabsorption

Hi guys I’m just wondering does anyone else suffer with bile acid. I was diagnosed with IBS 15 years ago but been suffering with constantly belly ache and not being able to keep food down. Usually after a main meal I’m on the toilet with in 10 minutes. I have tried endless medications and herbal remedies unfortunately nothing seems to work. I had a sechat scan at the hospital and it come back back with bile acid. I am now on fibre gel sachets I take 2 a day and I have noticed a massive difference in my stomach. No cramp no pain no Diarrhoea !.obviously I can’t have this for ever but it’s a start so it’s better than nothing...I am going for a colonoscopy very soon so hopefully that’s shows up something that will clear up this condition sooner rather than later. Anyway that’s my rant over.